Saturday, May 20, 2006

It's almost time


Last night as I sat and watched one of my best friend walk away from me for the next two months all I could think about is I would see her on August 1 either at DFW or at Dallas Love Field. She walked away from her "going away" party last night as she heads to Base Camp this morning and then on Tuesday flies to Japan for two months as an intern with iWitness. It brought some excitement back into me though.

For me the past oh month or so have been long....I have not been that excited about heading to Germany for some reason. It hit me. I left the friends I have spent the past 9 months with at Baylor. I left my dorm room, and it's likely I will never see half the girls from my hall again, let alone half the people I hung out with on campus because we were on campus. And I came home. I came home to my parents, my own bed, my own room, my 6 best friends, I came home. I didn't want to leave this. Now, now I am ready to go to the edge as Katlyn would say. My youth minister is like a little kid when I talk to him about going. We went last year for a week and then another week in East Germany. He's so excited for me, and I guess the excitement has rubbed off once again. All I keep hearing from him is please go eat at El Fenix and eat eis down the street at the good place by the University. I love it. I can't wait to get back now, to experience what God has in store. To get back in the life of a German and European. To sit and take in what God has ready for me to face. I can't wait. Two weeks. Two weeks and my team will all be together for the next two months. How exciting is that? Wow.

1 comment:

schromiester said...

Oh you are going to have so much fun!!!!!!