Sunday, September 14, 2008

Complacency

I've become somewhat complacent to the fact that David Crowder is my worship pastor at church. Anymore I don't really listen to what Dave is singing, I just sing and go on my way. Today though, something different happened. I was sitting in the hall alone during worship and really just started listening to and thinking about the words Dave was singing and it become real to me.

The first song I started paying attention to was "You Are My Joy." I mean just the title alone really says it all. You are my JOY Father. There are plenty of times though that I don't allow Him to be my joy. I just need to follow the lyrics of the song and let myself go and let Father be my joy.

The next song he sang was "Wholly Yours." The word wholly isn't one we see often or really hear often. The definition of wholly from Merriam-Webster is: to the full or entire extent; to the exclusion of other things. Holy on the other hand is something we hear and use often, maybe even overuse. The definition of Holy from my Life Application Study Bible is: worthy of worship or veneration; sacred; divine; consecrated or set apart of sacred use; living according to a highly moral spiritual system.

1 Kings 8:61 says: "Let your heart therefore be wholly devoted to the LORD our God, to walk in His statutes and to keep His commandments, as at this day."

Why can't I just wholly devote myself to God, because He is my joy? This is something that played through my mind this morning while I was sitting there. Not only do I want to be holy but I also want to be wholly devoted to the one that is my joy.

No comments: